I have decided to undertake a new direction in life. The need to cast off the old and embrace the new has come on to me. I have been allowing things to be in my life and dropping away the things that don’t serve me any more.
One day you wake up and it just comes to you, “Holy shit, I am an incarnation of Godhead! I can manifest and shape reality.”
I have been exploring reality since… birth I suppose… or the age of sixteen when I looked at all of the spirituality and science stuff but I have only really been starting to feel the truth of it all more fully recently. The desire to truly explore reality and understand it has come upon me. A feeling of ‘the veil has been lifted’, ‘the drowsiness has been expelled’. You get that moment and you wonder why you have been sleepy for so long (sleepy… not sleeping). I have also been thinking, ‘I just want to do what I want to do’. I felt a need to heal, I want to get rid of those stubborn niggles in my psyche, I want greater purification, I want betterment, more awareness, more, more, more…
… And then I found the Seven Spheres book. It is a ‘grimoire’ written by the well- known Hermetic magician Rufus Opus. The purpose of the book was to allow other magicians to been given initiations into the Seven Planetary Spheres (Jupiter/ Chesed, Mars/ Geburah, the Sun/ Tiphareth, Venus/ Netzach, Mercury/ Hod, the Moon/ Yesod, Saturn/ Binah). It was exactly what I wanted. A complete renewal, a cleansing, empowerment, greater magick and manifestation ability etc.
The first step was to create all of the necessary tools and gather all of the necessary materials.
The planetary lamens were pretty easy to do and also helped me to discover the joys of calligraphy for the first time.
The Table of Practice was fun and unintentionally fitted perfectly with the scrying mirror that I bought to use for each working.
And now on to the working. It will take about six weeks to do each of the planetary rituals and for the planetary energies to create the necessary changes in my life, it will take about ten weeks for the effects of the initiations to solidify and manifest, and it will take about a year for all of the energies to have fully crystallised and integrated themselves in my reality. The whole process surrounds the idea that there will be an overhaul of my being, the initiations will not only give me teachings but will also burn away anything that is holding me back from manifesting and using each of the planetary energies in my life. The alchemical burning away of impure material will manifest as certain disruptions and abrupt changes in my life as the old structures fall for a new and better way of being that will take it’s place. I suppose it is my job to ‘endure to the end’ and push through.
Brilliant. I will be using this blog to report what happens during each ritual, the effects after the ritual and all various life circumstances as the new world manifests.
Onwards and upwards.
A quick run through of the attributes of each sphere are as follows…
- Jupiter– Leisure time, wealth, prosperity, opportunity, assimilation, indulgence, optimism, big business, morality, the higher (abstract) mind, higher education, ambitions, philosophy, luck.
- Mars– Desires, sexual energies, dynamic action, animal nature, force, power, strife, strain, adversity, work, achievement, competition, necessary conflict in order to bring peace.
- The Sun– Individuality, success, leadership, health, vitality, personal fulfillment, energy, essential principles, authority, command, rank, office, title, advancement, identity, capacity for experience.
- Venus– Pleasure, natural love, sensuality, sociability, attraction, interaction, art, music, poetry, drama, song, culture, beauty, possessions, jewelry, sweets, sentiments, colour, marriage unions, the right brain.
- Mercury– Communication, reason, intellect, rationalisation, awareness, perceptions, adroitness, opinions, transmission, words, speaking, writing, mailings, means of expression, the left brain.
- The Moon– Instincts, moods, feelings, habits, the subconscious, tides, phases, reflexes, reflections, alternations, receptivity, needs, desires, personal interests, magnetism, liquids, impressionability, fertility, growth.
- Saturn– Organisation, discipline, responsibility, structure, goals, career opportunities, limitations, conservatism, crystallised focus, restrictions, delays, theories, orthodoxy, tradition, depth, time, patience, truth, wisdom, aging, solidification.
Got that? The above are merely are a list of attributes that have been discovered by other people that have got into contact with each of the planetary spheres and come back to tell them what they found… but the best way to know about each of these subtle realities is getting personal experience of each of them. So off I go.